Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Storm - Feb. 5 to 6, 2010

The Northeast had been hit by a snow storm over the weekend and we're one of those who got a lot of snow during that time. It may not be a lot compared to other areas in the Northern U.S. or Canada or anywhere else in the world but this one is a lot of snow in the area.

I have taken a several pictures around my house and in the area.

Here's my kids playground on Saturday morning (2/6)
Daniel's bird feeder is on the left.
Accumulated snow on our deck
Front yard
Front porch
Measuring the amount of snow with a yard stick.
I should have parked both cars on the other side of our driveway so the snow accumulation is on the yard. The winds brought the snow on the driveway and the cars were blocking the winds, thus snow accumulation.
Here's a closer look (about 2 feet of snow)
Here's the amount of snow at the bottom of our driveway. The road has been plowed so several snow had been added for me to shovel.... ugh. My back hurts now.
It's about 2 1/2 feet
I'm thinking of putting the snow beside our mailbox to cover it up. :)
Snow accumulated on the outside hand rail
Patio

I went out on Sunday (2/7/2010) to get something from Safeway and I took the back roads thinking that the snow plows cleared the snow already. Big mistake.

Only 1 car can pass at a time and the road is not fully plowed. It appears that the brine solution hasn't been added on the road.


My kid's school appear to have been plowed well.
The main road is much better. My neck hurt after bobbling so much while driving through the snow.
Safeway parking lot.
The amount of snow are way high up. I'm wondering if they hid a car or truck underneath it.
Looking up on the pile of snow.
The kids had fun on the snow. My body/back hurt so much from shoveling snow. It's a good workout though. Haven't had this kind of workout for a long time.

We're having a part 2 of the storm starting tonight and weather forecasts are saying that we're getting a lot tomorrow. I'll share more pictures on tomorrow's snow storm or it might be a blizzard... let's wait and see.

No comments: